Camp Walden Staff: Giving Your Very Best Each and Every Day
At Walden we know that our outstanding staff members are truly the heart and soul of our program. In order to lovingly teach, nurture, support, cheer on, care for, and bring out the very best in each camper, we must have a staff of extraordinary and selfless individuals willing to give the best of themselves each and every day of the summer.
The Most Challenging and Rewarding Job You’ll Ever Love
If you love working with children, if you treasure living and playing in the outdoors, and if you are willing to give 110% of yourself for the entire camp season, then working at Camp Walden may be an amazing opportunity for you. At Walden, we have the highest expectations for our staff, and we are there for them every step of the way to ensure a successful, fulfilling summer. Our staff members know that at Walden they will be trained, mentored, and supported by the very best! If you are prepared for a truly challenging, yet extremely rewarding summer experience, then we would love to speak with you!
Joining Our Camp Walden Team
Who are Walden staff members? They are individuals who truly enjoy working with children and are able to bring out the full potential within each child. They are positive, spirited leaders who desire to serve as teachers and role models. They are hard-working team players committed to always doing what is in the best interest of the campers. Walden staff members are caring, dynamic people who love to play and have tons of fun, yet never lose sight of safety and responsible leadership. Our Walden staff is made up of college students, educators, coaches, athletes, artists, and performers who come from diverse backgrounds yet share an appreciation for the incredible impact of the camp experience. They are individuals who value and respect differences in children and adults, and are dedicated to ensuring that each camper and staff member is a valued member of the Walden community. They are outstanding people, ready and willing to create the summer of a lifetime for themselves and all of our campers and staff. They are the heart of Walden!
Standard Staff Requirements
At Camp Walden, we nurture the development of all campers by helping them build strong relationships, strengthen self-confidence and skills, and take on new challenges. To accomplish these goals, we rely on a staff of skilled, motivated women and men who love children and the camp environment. To help you evaluate if this opportunity may be right for you, we provide the following information:
- Walden staff work very closely with many other people, especially children, and must be able to constantly manage and juggle the many different emotions, thoughts, and opinions that exist.
- Walden staff work extremely long hours. Because most of our staff members live with campers, they actually are working or are on-call 24 hours a day for two months straight. (There is some time off but it is very limited.)
- Walden staff members commit to be at camp for the entire camp season. It is disruptive to our campers to have staff members leaving early for other commitments, so it is imperative that each staff member is available for the entire season. Please see the “Important Camp Dates” section of our web site.
- Prior to camp, there is a mandatory staff training and orientation period that all staff members must attend. Orientation dates vary by position.
- We have a drug-free, alcohol-free and non-smoking/vaping work environment with a zero-tolerance policy. If you want to work at Walden, it is important that this fits your lifestyle.